The deadline to register to vote in the May 11, 2013 City and School Elections is April 11, 2013. To be eligible to vote in Texas, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Be a resident of the county;
- Be 18 years old (you may register at 17 years and 10 months)
- Not a convicted felon (unless a person’s sentence is completed, including probation)
- Not declared mentally incapacitated by a court of law.
- Be 65 years of age or older
- Confined in jail
- Expected absence from the county during Early Voting and Election Day. If absence is claimed, your ballot must be mailed to an address outside the county.